Recent years have seen the emergence of websites offering ‘quickie divorces’ at rock bottom prices. With the rising number of divorces throughout the UK, this initially appears an attractive option to many married couples seeking a quick, easy divorce on a budget. But is this simply a false economy? By choosing Seatons Solicitors, your case will be personally dealt with by our team of highly trained family lawyers who have a wealth of experience dealing with divorce cases. We will provide you with realistic time frames and offer clear, easy to understand legal advice at low sensible fees.
If you are considering a divorce but are on a budget, speak to one of our Specialist Family Solicitors. Please call on 01536 276300, use our online enquiry form or email email@example.com. We can discuss a tailor-made costs package and an affordable payment plan.
The Risks Of A Quickie Divorce
Whilst an online ‘quickie divorce’ may initially appear to be an attractive option, at a closer glance it is debatable whether the promises are in fact achievable.
Even in the most straightforward of cases, there is a procedure to follow and the very least amount of time a divorce can take is 3 months. Add into the mix an uncooperative spouse and a busy Court and the average divorce most often takes up to 6 months.
Any websites that offer ‘quickie divorces’ at very low prices are also unlikely to have trained specialist family lawyers on board. As a result, this can lead to many complications further down the line as the divorce case grows ever more complex.
In addition, many of the prices quoted on these websites will not include the Courts fees or any work involved in the sorting out of financial issues. The outcome means that you could in fact spend a lot more than you initially anticipated when purchasing a ‘quickie divorce’ in the first place.
In contrast, by choosing an established firm of solicitors, your case will be personally dealt with by a team of highly trained family lawyers who have a wealth of experience dealing with divorce cases. At Seatons Solicitors, we can provide you with realistic time frames and offer clear, easy to understand legal advice at low sensible fees.
You may pay a little bit more in the short term, but the long-term effects mean that you can rest assured knowing you are getting the best legal advice possible and are not exposed to future financial claims later down the line.
Quickie Divorces – A Summary
In summary, if you are considering using a website offering a cut price divorce, you should:
• Always check out the legitimacy of the Company.
• Make sure you know exactly how much you will be paying from the outset. Watch out for hidden costs. For example, Court fees are always payable regardless of which Company you use and these are rarely included in any quotes.
• Ask them to clarify what you are actually paying for. A divorce is merely a formal ending of your marriage. In the majority of cases, you will still need to resolve financial issues. Any costs involved in doing so will rarely be included in the price that you are quoted.
• Check out genuine testimonials from previous users of the site.
• Be very wary of buzzwords such as “quick”, “speedy” or “cheap”. All very good at drawing you in but are those claims really realistic?
If you are considering a divorce but are on a budget, speak to one of our Specialist Family Solicitors. We can discuss a tailor-made costs package and an affordable payment plan. Click here to contact us today.